Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:19:46 EDT
Buying and using herbs is an expensive, possibly deadly, and very "iffy"
proposition.  To my knowledge, FDA does not regulate herbs.  The little
bottle that you pay $12. for that is supposed to contain Pau D Arco may
contain none.  It may, however, contain traces of arsenic.

Recently, they had a segment on TV concerning a memory drug [I forget the
name :-) ] It was to contain gingko.  I had been taking it for three years.
All bottles from different companies were analyzed.  There was NO gingko in
any of them!!!!!!!!!  .

That said--I take herbs every day.  So do the ferrets.  It is in their
kibble.  It is in Bob C.  chicken soup-which they get twice to three times
every day.

Some people gamble on horses or lottery tickets.  I gamble with herbs: well
over a thousand dollars a year worth of herbs.

I purchased books on the subject and then went to see a vet that worked
with Dr. Brown for years.  I paid him to write me a list of herbs to give
my ferts.  Aside from the garlic that they will not touch-they get 8 herbs
and vitamins every day in everything that they eat.

Years ago, I was told that Baby had Lymphoma and was going to die.  I was
told this by multiple vets.  Back as little as two years ago, vets here
were diagnosing lymphoma through a blood test only.  We know now that this
is not enough to diagnose lymphoma in a ferret.

My guess is that she swallowed something she was not allowed to have.  She
has never outgrown that baby ferret habit of chewing and swallowing
everything in her path.  She WAS certainly near death each time she was
diagnosed.  But herbs did not save her.I was not giving her any at the
time.  Laxatives, rubbing her tummy, prayers by everyone when I brought
her into church lifeless and glazed eyed: but no herbs.

I swear it was the prayers: over a hundred people praying.  Three times
this happened where I was on my way to put her to sleep.  Three times I
took her into church before the emergency vet on a Sunday and embarrassed
myself in front of the congregation.  Three times I left the church in my
sunglasses with a comatose animal, sat out front, and Baby opened her eyes,
pooped, and sniffed around in the grass as though nothing was wrong.
*** Prayers Can work miracles.***

It is Very possible that Gary's tonic stuff works to increase health and
prolong life.  It is very possible that I will order from him in the
future.  It is also possible that the bottle you get this month will
contain nothing it says it does.  It simply is not FDA regulated.  Unless
Gary can and does have each batch tested and verified as to contents and
potency-and has the documentation-you will not know what you are getting
any more than I know what I am getting when I pay for herbs at the stores
I go to.  Do you feel lucky?  Is it worth the gamble???

I can only say that for me-who takes the same thing I give my babes-that
it is so far.

LIsette