From:
Anthony C Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 09:58:44 -0700
From:    Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Another Scam?

Have any other rescues gotten an email like the text below.  I cut
and pasted this from an email to my TTR yahoo email account.  I think
scammers are changing their style again.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT EMAIL!  If you even send an "f-off" email your
address will be listed as "valid" and sold on CD to hundreds of scammers
who will flood your email box (if not P.O. Box) with solicitations.

This scam is similar to
http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/counterfeit_cashier's_check.htm

Any time someone is sending you a large check and requesting money back
the likelyhood of their check clearing is remote.  If you do write them
back they'll say "the check must have got lost in the mail, I'll send a
new one.  If you cash that check and before it clears send them a money
order for $1800 you'll probably be getting a call from your bank saying
"that check bounced, your account is out $1800".

Basically, they are preying on the financial neediness of rescues,
essentially asking YOU for an $1800 donation into Their pocket.

"Intelligence is like 4-wheel drive.  It allows you to get stuck in more
'remote' places."
~ Garrison Keillor ~