From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 18 May 1994 14:40:59 -0400
To Shelly Nice-

I can't speak for any other single ferrets, but my Scooter is energetic,
playful and friendly.  He does get into a LOT of trouble, as my entryway
carpet and various other locations/objects in my apartment can attest to,
but I'm not sure this would be any different if he had an
accomplice^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hplaymate.  He bounces around, wants to play,
and is very affectionate when he feels like sitting still.  I've only had
him a little over two months, but I've always understood this kind of
behavior to be pretty normal for a carpet shark.

To the person (sorry, I can't remember your name) from the Phoenix ferret
group-

I'm just wondering what the political climate is surrounding our little
furry friends in the Phoenix area, as there is a remote possiblity I will
relocate to there in a couple years when I finish my teacher training.
Any information you would care to offer about the peculiarities of owning
a ferret in Arizona would be appreciated.

ObCute Ferret Story:  Scooter got onto my desk (I'm still not sure how!)
when I was gone the other day, spilled pop ALL OVER, hid about half my
possessions, some of which I still haven't found, and got into the
Petromalt.  He dragged the tube under the desk, bit about 20 holes in it,
and ate about a teaspoon of Petromalt.  He was a busy ferret at the
litterbox that night.  From now on, the Petromalt stays in the closet
where he can't get to it (yet)!

Chris and
Scooter the Flushed-Out Weasel
Bellingham, WA