From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:34:39 -0700
Hey...it's the CA radio person again.  Thanks to everyone for your advice
and input.  I knew in my rational mind I guess, that talking about my
ferrets publicly could get me (and them) into trouble...but I suppose I
didn't realize how serious it actually was.  So obviously, I'll close my big
mouth now.  It's very sad to me, as the reason I went on about my babies on
the air, was to change opinions if I could, and I figured I had the perfect
job to do just that.  When I went on vacation, my vets assistant ferret sat
for me, and her hubby told me that before he came up to the house, he
believed ferrets were, quote, "ugly, little vicious weasels, with sharp
pointy teeth, who would bite at any time." Now, of course, he is a total
convert, and said if they weren't illegal here, he would get two to add to
HIS household.  How can I spread the word about what wonderful creatures
they are, without putting their lives at risk?  Also....for CDFA1 and
IIONA....can you tell me the circumstances behind your experiences?  CDFA
says F&G came to his house twice...how did they find out?  Iiona...what
happened in your case?  PG&E knocked at my door the other day, looking for
another house, and I (stupidly) opened the door without thinking.  Of
course, I scooped them up in my arms before I opened the door so they
wouldn't run out, and the COUNTY WORKER (good one, Phyll) says "cool.
Ferrets!  Haven't seen any of those in quite a long time." What an idiot I
am.  I've got to be more careful.

Ferret games: Mine also love "bobbing for ice cubes." Here's a way to make
it a little less messy.  I do it when it's time to mop the kitchen floor.  I
sweep up first, then move chairs, litter box, cages, etc.  into the living
room, and close off the kitchen.  They have tons of linoleum covered space
to play this game in.  I fill up the side-by-side cat dish with water and
ice cubes, and let em' go!  They LOVE it, hide ice cubes everywhere, and
then when they finally tire out, I go ahead and mop!  Ferret games AND a
clean floor!  Can't beat it!

Thanks everyone,

Phyllis, Lil' Dude, and Boo-Boo