Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 06:45:26 PDT
Hello again.

First off, I would like to thank everybody for the many responses I
received offering to help.  I'm sorry to say that I let everybody down,
including myself.  I should have went with my first instinct and went and
picked the poor thing up.

Here is what happened:

I tried calling her all day, starting at 9:00 am, leaving messages to call
me asap.  Finally at 6:00 pm, I reached her.  I told her that I would have
several people that are willing to help the little ferret and she just kind
of got quiet.  She was "himhawing" around and finally she told me that she
had given the ferret away last night.  I asked her if the people that took
her would be able to afford the surgery.  She said that she guessed they
would and she thanked me for my efforts and hung up.

I hate to say this, but from her tone and the way she was acting, I don't
think that the little ferret found a home.  I think she had it put to sleep
which was what she was going to do in the first place.

I feel awful because all you people were willing to help and I hesitated
when I should have just picked her up and worried about the details later.

Thanks for all your help.