From:
Andi & Todd Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:00:46 -0400
It's been a while since anyone's really mentioned this, so I thought I'd
bring it up one last time...

Did anyone ever hear anything from CBS in reference to their show last May
31?  Is anyone other than me still trying?  I know at first I was really
bugging them, filling out a comment form every week or so DEMANDING that
they do another segment to repair any damage they had done and do a better
job of fair reporting (if you joined the FML recently and don't know what
I'm talking about - see issues 1211-1230ish).  I still don't watch CBS, but
I haven't been sending them comments from their web pages, faxing them, or
writing letters to their sponsors like I used to.

In fact, recently I think I forgot all about the CBS side of the incident -
until I was cleaning out my bookmarks today.  For old times sake, I decided
to check out their web site (http://www.cbs.com/) since I hadn't been there
for a while.  Turns out they've added an actual email address for coments
([log in to unmask]).  I always suspected that nobody ever read my coments
from the comment form, so now I'm going to try a few letters to this
address.  Hopefully I'll hear something back from there.

Thanks to the hard work of Howard Davis,Chere McCoy, Troy Lynn Eckart, Pam
Grant, Jeanne Carley and her father Floyd, Stephanie and Rick Sheme and
others, the HSUS changed their position on ferrets in California.  I think
this is GREAT!!!  But - way back when this all started, I also really wanted
CBS to show ferrets in a more positive light.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could convince CBS to do such a story by the
1 year anniversary of the show?  Maybe it is more likely to be news now that
there has been a change in HSUS's position.  Now that there has been a HSUS
change, it is more important than ever that we try to get CBS to redo the
story (IMHO).  Is somebody out there already working on such a campaign,
anybody interested in trying, or am I beating a dead horse?

I'm willing to re-open this can of worms if others are willing to, also.

Andi
(who is presently digging through mountains of info looking for the last
offical bite reports, the details of the infamous "CA bite incident," etc.
so that maybe the letter writing campaign can begin again...)