From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:00:11 EST
Hello to all, I finally got a minute to post, its a miracle!

First I want to thank Judy Cooke and all who participated in the Haloween
Card Exchange.  I received the check on Saturday.  As you can see a dollar
or two can make a difference!  So thank you all for taking the time to do
this and caring enough to send a buck or two.  One person sent stamps
instead of a dollar, thank you.  It was just enough to send out some
bills!

Also a while ago April G. and Barbara L. from Florida put 2 items on
ebay and the proceedes were sent to the shelter.  Thank you both!

Now for shelter news, we have 53 ferrets here.  We have a few new arrivals
from California, a beautiful marked while female, 1 yr, Lil Nikki, and a
spotted sable, 3 yrs, that is blind in one eye named Miss NippR.  Tober is
from a Cali agg station, he is a very fat sable male only 10 months old.
Also at the shelter needing homes are Baby, sable 5 mth old, needs a
little nip training, Sissy 6 mth old sable, very sweet.  Boots and Slick
1 1/2 yr old sable mix males, great pair, BeeB and Xenit, 2 females, 2 yrs
old, one is a red eyed lt sable and one is silver, they are great but need
lots of attention, they have been here almost 1 year.  There are many more
wating for homes, and as you can see quite a selection!  all are fixed,
current health exam and Rabies vax.

Surgeries: Slim just had his P/U done, he will still need to be manually
drained for him to pee but it will be easier, he also will still undergo
a bladder reduction, he is paralized, stepped on by previous owner, Cesar
has adrenal sx, Brownie goes in for exploratory sx today, she was one of
the first ferrets rescued 5 yrs ago.  Bandit my first ferret is now 11 yrs
old, his heart is geting worse and he just went on Enacard along with his
other meds.  i pray everyday he will stay with me til Christmas, or
longer!  We have 6 ferrets waiting for their adrenal sx.

Now, I'm looking for a new place to live, still not sure if I can stay
where I'm at.  Any Las vegas realiters on the list?

We have many used cages for sale, trying to clear out the back yard.  Help
Wanted, need help at the adoption center and at the shelter.  A bath day
and major cleaning day is needed, I will make an event out of it with food
and prizes if I can get enough people here.  contact me if you can help.
sorry for the long post, don't know when I'll have the time again.

Take care all,
Cj
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold"