From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 01:41:18 -0400
HI friends!
It's ME you friend and most handsome ferret Jerimiah at Ferret Wise!
Well, WE HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS and - SOME NOT SO GOOD NEWS this time.

FOR THE GOOD NEWS!
Raffle winners- from the September fund raiser to help get a washer at
Ferret Wise.

Silent Auction for Kat Parsons Original Ferret design Afghan --
WON BY MARY Cohen, NH for a $200.00 bid!  Thank you aunty Kat and
Thank you Mary!

Collectible patches & Print -  Won by Harry Pike,MA
Ferret Print & notecards by shelter Mom Alicia - Won by Ardith Raine, NV
Collectible Pottery ferret by Robert Desbiens - Won by Jennifer Johnson, OH
Set of 4 pottery mugs by Danee DeVore - Won by Robert Rasmussen , NH

Total earned was $406.00
THANKS EVERYONE.  Mom was smiling the washer is on the way!  She will be
shipping the prizes off directly!  Man this place is not gonna smell like
ferrets too much longer!

PET EXPO- Thanks so much to Andrea Rose who travelled up to help the
folks at Pet Expo!  She will also be joining the shelter folks for Boston
Childrens Museum in Nov.  Great!  Andrea made a great visual guessing
game board which will be part of the Nov education Day.

Tim Cairns the Melatek Man!  Stopped by at the Pet Expo to say hello and
leave off some fliers for the folks here.  They have been delivering
these and sample implants to local vets so they can get acquainted with
the preventive therapeutic use of melatonin.  I know it makes me look
like a kit again!

And we heard form Ferret Warrior Robert L,  he is working hard so we know
he is safe!  Yahoo- Boo Boo had surgery a week ago ( one of Robert's
ferrets in care) and he is recovering form gall stone removal.  We are
waiting to see what the next treatment options will be for Boo Boo.

Mom is travelling to the state capital in the morning to sit in on
meetings of the NH Governors Task force on Humane Issues.  She wants
to make sures all us kids gets due attention> That's our MOM!

NOW for the NOT so good news.

Sandro's a relatively new old timer who arrived in July at St Gregory's
hospice had surgery last monday- the folks were in awe of how well he
was doing , and how much he was eating etc..  then Sando went to Rainbow
Bridge on Sat AM.  Mom Judy id especially sad.  So if anyone wants to
drop her a card / c/o Ferret Wise I bet that would make her smile a tad
better!  Mom Judy herself has to have surgery for a torn rotator cuff of
the left shoulder on Oct 19th so warm fuzzy prayers are always welcome!

Shelter Mom Mailed the newsletter off to shelter friend Mike last
month -- wondering why she had not heard from him in a long time you
see - sometimes he would call with ferrety questions.  Today she got a
not from Mrs Mike, Mary - saying Mike is now playing at Rainbow Bridge
with all the kids he was missing.  He had a tumor and left a few months
ago... So I bet Ewok and Bear are having a grand time with Mike!

Mom will be listing some neat new items on ebay on Friday--  so pl;ease
check out the link at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZcreativekolor

Now is the time to get ready for the long winter and to stock up on
necessary things like nutrical and ferretonin implants!  We need furry
coats!  I better run- I have been trying to find where she has hid the n
bones-- can anyone help me?

Your friend,
Jerimiah  Ferretwise, mascot
www.ferretwise.org

Shelter inspection
All this talk?  the wee ones are doing just fine!