From:
Suzanne Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:38:30 -0600
>From:    Krista Sorra <[log in to unmask]>
>
>And does anyone know of a natural fabric softener that works for ferret
>bedding?
>
> ~Krista

I have a very interesting story about fabric softener sheets.  About 2
years ago I was still smoking and used to go outside in the parking
garage to smoke with a group of co-workers.  The crowd was down to me and
2 other co-workers one afternoon and as we were standing there chatting
and smoking the young man who was with us pulled out his zippo lighter to
light another cigarette.  As he struck the flint in the lighter the other
co-worker and I to our amazement watched the flame from the lighter jump
to his sleeve and veryquickly within seconds climb up his sleeve, around
his shoulders and move back down the other sleeve.  Now this was not a
big flame it was very compact and low to the surface of the sweater he
was wearing, which was not a really fuzzy sweater.  We started patting
him out and looking around to make sure there were no more flames and he
was very lucky.  Had it been a woman with longer hair or if he had longer
hair it probably would have caught their hair on fire.  He was not burned
anywhere nor did it do any major damage to his sweater either, it just
crawled across the surface and burned the little fibers that were
sticking up off the surface.  Needless to say it was verybizarre.  After
our initial moments of shock and trying to get him to sit d own and take
a breather for a second, we started to discuss what could have made this
happen.  No cologne, only deodorant, sweater had not been dry cleaned
only washed and dried, no hairspray or hair stuff that might have fallen
on the swaeters surface.  Our final conclusion was that he had tossed a
fabric softener sheet in with the sweater to make it a little softer and
it must have left a flammable chemical on the sweater.  Well, I can tell
you he spent the next 2 days re-washing and drying all his clothing to
make sure there was no residue on anything else.  I myself no longer use
fabric sheets either and our Incredible Flaming Man is still alive and
doing well.

Suzanne, Sarah & Lizzy
Sadie (o.o), Cebo (o.o) Razz-Mimi-Taz (*.*) Mitzi  (-.-)Rascal (^.^)
Honey ('.') Teddy (<.>) Bear (*.*) savage Sable (O.O) Bandit (>.<) Miss
Farrah (`.') and Cinnamon Boy (O.~) missing my little Sparkles (-.o) and
my old man (~.~)Yuri, and Buddy ([].[]) Stop by and visit the Ranch for
a spell
http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/namachar2/The_Fab_Fuzzbutt_Ranchers.html