From:
Heather Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:41:38 -0500
Hi :)  I just got started with this list and would like to introduce
myself.  My name is Heather and I live in Southern Virginia with my
husband Michael, our 5 year old daughter Chase and our ferrets Pippin,
Merry and Strider.  They are all under a year with Pippin being the
oldest by a few months.  We got them all from our ferret breeder and
friend Sue Selby.  Can you believe her ferrets come litter trained? :)
Pippin is a silver gib with a beautiful white face.  He is very serious
about things but loves to chase our feather fishing pole.  Merry is a
white chocolate gib (just neutered last week) who weighs in at 3.7 lbs
and is just a snuggle bug.  His favorite game is to be tossed to land on
a pillow, jump around and then be tossed again.  Strider is Merry's full
brother and a sable with dark points.  He weighs in at 3.4 lbs.  He thinks
that all of the balls in the play room are his alone.  He is our only
"problem child" with litter boxes.  He goes 100% in his box in his cage,
but seems to have his own method for the play room.  Never assume that
they will be in the corners!  Maybe it's just another game?

Just a quick note to Amanda with Monty.  I love my ferrets very much but
they ARE pets and your husband is well... your husband.  The situation
isn't fair to you, your husband or Monty but you have to make the best
decision for all of you.  If your husband just won't understand and there
is nothing you else you can do, Monty would be happier in a more totally
ferret friendly home.  I'm sure that you will do what is best for all of
you.

Glad to be a part of this group :)

~Heather Benson