From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:51:02 -0800
Well, after thinking about it.  We are going to the Judge Mills Lane
Courtroom to have the dispute of me paying for two abandoned ferrets ($200)
(one of which came from my shelter, the other they turned over because of
adrenal surgery needed)

Quick recap they came in for boarding for 30 days.  Sixty-seven days later
they want only the one back, forget the one who needs surgery.  Pay for
boarding?  They thought it was free.

Any way, I am counter suing for boarding fees, lost wages, and the vet bill
for the adrenal surgery.

The Judge Mills Lane show wants to put it on the air, and they talked the
other party into it.  If I lose, the show pays them the $200 and they go
away and I get paid for doing the show (lots of ferret blankies, and a
months worth of food).  If I win I get the $678 I am suing them for and the
appearance fee.  Either way, I keep the ferrets and some extra cash goes
into the shelter which is needed.

So, they are going to tape later this month in New York.  I need anyone
from New York to check out the animal abandonment laws, since it will be
New York law they go by.

The more info I have to go in with the better.  I promise to keep my head,
and make it positive PR for ferrets and shelters.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Charter Member IFWS