Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:11:29 -0500
I have a dilemma that I would really appreciate your responses on.  I
have been going to two different vets and one is much less expensive than
the other (around 50% or more).  The one that is less expensive is
knowledgeable, has good surgical skills (not sure if something was real
complicated), but does not give a thorough physical exam when giving shots.
The one that is more expensive gives a great thorough exam and has good
surgical skills.  When do you over step your patient/vet relationship by
going to one and then the other?  If you go to one for the diagnosis do
you have that one do the surgery?  What if you have one do the diagnosis
and go to the other one for surgery because it's less expensive?  Then
you have to tell one someone else did the surgery... I don't want to be
unethical or "tick" one of them off!  I know it would be a no brainer if
knowledge was the issue, but it's not.  Please share with me your
experiences and thoughts.

Thanks,
Mary