Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:42:18 -0500
Hey folks!

I really think this is targeted at the shelters which have amassed many
( reported over 140) ferrets and they (he responsible caretakes) cannot
afford routine vet care, etc.  I do not think everyone who shelters is
being singled out.

But as a licensed shelter worker in NH - I cannot stress that if you want
to educate adn expect those to listen and follow your example -- it should
be a deoonstrated example.

As fas as licensing, it does not have to be evil-- and sheltering DOES
require some legal protections which are addressed in the incorporation
process and licensures.  Some more things to think abnout are -
"liability" -- how much will you be prepared to assume?

Breaking the laws and contributing to unhealthy living conditions for
ferrets-- ( who an reasonably tend 100 or more ferrets each day allotting
them ample exercise, hygiene, etc?) is not a credit to anyone... less one
that calls themselves a shelter.  Cruelty ( NEGLECT) begins in these bad
shelter examples-- lets think of protecting the ferrets--- FIRST!

In this instance more is LESS!

Just my thoughts--
alicia