From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:04:33 EDT
Dear FMLer's Below is a message I sent out to most of the Florida
Shelters this morning.  Fully realizing I was probably going to be
considered "crazy" I sent it anyway.  I cannot tell you what it feels
like for your shelter to be heavily damaged, parts totally destroyed --
but it is no lie when I say -- there are days around here when I just
simply sit down and cry as the peak of Hurricane season gets closer.
My doctors say I have PTSD - bull puck I've been there and done that -
I'm just plain old scared out of my mind that it will happen again.  So
anyway here's the message I sent.  Feel free to send me nasty e-mail if
you want

Hi group!

Hope you all got my message about my shelter closing from August till
October 15 (due to Hurricane season.  Having been hit by two very bad
hurricanes I just want to throw something out to all you guys.

Maybe we (Florida Shelters) should go on the FML and ask if there are
shelters up north that could or possibly would consider sheltering our
ferrets during Hurricane Season.  I would be perfectly willing to send
spare cages and bedding and stuff.  We might even be able to find a
couple of people to ferry the ferrets up north and them Ferry them back.
I could take a few days off, borrow Larry's car and transport some.

This might sound ridiculous to a lot of you but if your shelter has been
hit by a hurricane the idea of shipping kids up north is no so crazy.

Anyway just my two cent worth.  Per Chance we could have a discussion on
this as peak season is coming SOON!

Thank you for supporting our shelter

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian  River County
8775 20th Street, Lot 614
Vero Beach, FL 32966-3065

A  "NO KILL" shelter since January  1991