Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 02:17:26 -0400
Hi folks,
I spoke to a number of people that work at radio and TV stations and they
told me that now that they are on the Internet, they are amazed by the
number of people who send them messages.  In talking to two news directors,
they both told me that their stations are more apt to take suggestions to
cover certain issues from people e-mailing them in.  This is because they
assume that those people are more educated, earn a higher income and have
access to more facts due to the fact that they are on the Internet.  This is
their opinion, not mine.  But one TV station manager said that if HE wanted
to get someone's attention, he would try to organize a group of people to
all send e-mails at a specified time and date, so as to make it apparent
that this is a hot topic or story.  This sounded like a good idea to me.  I
know that if I got 3,000 e-mail messages all at once it would get MY
attention.  If anyone with the GLFA or someone close to Mr. Jacobs wants to
set a day and time and post it on the FML, I'd be glad to e-mail OPRAH, HOME
and FAMILY, ROSIE or anyone else you can think of.  (I've already sent
e-mails to OPRAH, ROSIE and HOME & FAMILY but I'd gladly do it again).  Just
a thought.

Hang in there Kodo, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

Thanks folks,
Sincerely,
Bandit and Kirby's daddy... Bruce from Bangor, Maine