From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2005 18:52:48 -0500
http://www.salmonella.org/info.html

The ferrets have had the biggest holiday in loot terms; we made them a
new cage.  There is even a swing from a section of dense cardboard tubing
(with paper medical tape sealing off the ends), and the top has a winding
see through tube going all around and up and down several times.

Hilbert was unhappy at first because he can't break out of this cage, but
he likes it now and the others adore it.  Just as with their old one they
reenter the cage most of the time when they want to nap during the day.

Besides, making break-falls with pillowcases and ties I put a streak of
rose essential oil down the carpeting that I sewed onto the ramps so that
they would not miss the ramps during the night.

We're getting to talk with a lot of friends and some family this week so
that is great fun!

No King Kong for us tomorrow, though, our engine had a warning light
come on while we were seeing the lights tonight.  Oh, well... We'll
certainly see it later; Syriana, too.

>Anyone out there with some clue that can "shed" (excuse the pun) some
>light on this for me???

Without realizing it you did a double pun.  Sandra, has Shea been
exposed to marked change in amount of light exposure in recent weeks?

Adrenal neoplasia usually does not happen that young, but it can.

We like vet techs as pet sitters most of all!  Tip: always give your
vet and your pet sitter "Permission to Treat" letters so that if a
problem arises all will be safest possible.

Happy Holidays -- to each whichever that person most desires -- for all.

-- Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List co-moderator
FHL Archives fan
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/