From:
"Rachel M. Bray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:16:05 +0000
Well, after going off and pouting for awhile, I've re-joined the FML again
(this thing is addictive!!!) and have decided to grow up and realize
flamers are just bored people with no life.

NOW...with that said....Marmette was spayed back in October here at Ohio
State's vet hospital.  Everyone there fell in love with her (and why not?!)
and she had a good experience.  The scar is long but her fur is growing
back rather quickly.  The only thing that was bad was they wanted me to
keep her "quiet" for the two weeks before the stitches came out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I about split until I noticed they weren't
laughing with me and I was like "By jove....they're serious!" and asked
them how did they expect me to keep a young ferret "quiet".  Miraculously,
I was able to keep her....calm for two weeks.  Well...actually, it was more
like one week and 5 days.  My mom came to visit and she just HAD to play
with her for hours on end.

Anyway, my post is to anyone out there that has introduced a new ferret to
their "only child".  I've decided for Christmas I'm going to get Marmie a
companion.  Please e-mail me on techniques for introducing ferrets to each
other.  I want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Also, Ohio shelters close to Columbus, I am interested in hitting your
places first for my new furbeast.  I am looking for another female, dark
colored, no older than a year in age.  She doesn't have to be a complete
angel.  I don't have one now!

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

Rachel (Marmie, Santa is watching you!  Bring back my purse!)
Marmette (He's watching you, too, ma.  And after your tantrum after
          the Ohio St.-Michigan St. game last weekend....you'll be
          lucky to get coal!)

Rachel Bray
The Ohio State University
Treasurer's Office

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.