From:
"Amy C. Dempsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:06:48 -0700
I am sad to report that my little girl Cory past away on Monday after
having a 6 cm tumor removed from her liver!  Cory had just turned 8 years
old this month.  The tumor was first noticed on Friday as a grape sized
lump and my Monday it was the size of a tennis ball.  She made it through
the surgery okay but slipped away a few hours later.

Cory was a beautiful little albino girl.  She was always blind, and loved
chasing balls on floors when she could hear them rolling.  We use to love
to watch when she would accidently roll a ball on to the carpet.  She would
stop, and turn her hear from side to side trying to hear the ball.  Of
course her humans would roll the ball back on the hard floor so she could
"see" it again.  Cory loved to fish sodas and beers out of an ice chest,
and was the only ferret I have had that figured out how to open a pop top!
She would pull a can around until she found chair leg or something else she
could jam the can against and then she would pop it open.  If it was Diet
Coke, she would go for another soda!

Cory will be sorely missed.  She was bought from a flea market in Orlando
Florida.  I saw this tiny white kit alone in a huge cage.  I immediately
felt sorry for her and took her home.  Home was a 3 hour plane ride back
to the Virgin Islands in my shirt!  She always got along with all the girls
but has never liked any of my younger boys.

Tubing:

Doesn't anyone else use PVC pipes?  You can get them in 3" and 4" inch
diameters with all sorts of cool joints and connections.  My little boys
love their slides.  They will climb up on top of one of the large dog
carrier and literally dive into the PVC tubes which I have attached to the
carrier with Cable Ties and slide down on their bellies.  Jack and JJ even
like to slide down upside down on their backs.

Most of my little ones have come from pet stores - some rescues from a pet
store!  I was an impulse buyer the first time.  Almost nine years later my
first "impluse buy" , my tiny Odie is still with me!

Amy and her 6 fur snakes.