From:
Lorraine Lordi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:25:47 -0500
i am so sorry for the update delay, but I am finally emotionally
settled enough to report.

Nicholas had the worst possible adrenal surgery circumstance. Of course
because I love him so dearly and he is precious beyond belief his tumor
was sitting on his vena cava , the right side. Dr.Tom Kawasaki removed
as much as he possibly could without causing Nick to bleed out right on
the table and then froze the remaining tissue. It was malignant. The
left adrenal was also removed but had a much smaller tumor.

Our concerns now are when the tumor grows back will a piece break off ?
And what will be his post surgical adrenal complications. I will take
Nicholas back 30 after his operation to test his electrolyte level,
blood pressure, CBC ,ect. to see what medication support he will need
for the rest of his life.

Right now 5 days after he is comfortable and seemingly raring to go. I
try not to cry around him but I have spent every minute with him, a one
level hospital cage on a wheeled cart next to me. We must be a sight
with me in my wheelchair pushing Nick in his cage. He takes his meds -
amoxy, pain and carafate to protect his gut from ulcers like the champ
that he is.

I have made lots of deals with God in the past couple of days, like
trading 1 year of what remains of my life for 1 month of Nicks. And I
mean it, too. But I've tried this in the past and found out that God
has a pesky sense of humor. And I got the joke.

I have cancelled an upcoming scoliosis surgery and all upcoming
infusions for me as I can't see the point. All I want is this precious
little 4 lb creature who finds such joy in life and who has taught me
to laugh while in pain and find joy everyday. All I want now is my
happy little boy back.

Thank you all for your emails and very kind support. The ferret
community is amazing - proof that the ferrets have taught us all about
love.

Lorraine in Virginia