From:
sharin alpert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:35:08 -0800
Melissa, what a hard thing to have to deal with.  You've probably already
found out whether there are non-surgical ways (medications) to treat
Gypsy's problem?

Everyone has their own answer to your question.  My own answer is, when the
animal can no longer take joy in life, it is time to help it go.  As long
as it is taking pleasure from life, then we help it stay alive.  Sometimes
the hardest thing is not to be selfish.

It sounds like your Gypsy is still feeling ok.  I think you'll be able to
tell if she loses her enjoyment of life or if pain becomes intolerable for
her.