From:
Carol Voivedich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:55:47 -0600
Yesterday when I took Lilly out of her cage she could not keep her tongue
in her mouth and was putting her paws in her mouth like she was trying to
pull something out.  I opened her mouth and looked inside, put my finger
in her mouth and could not find anything lodged, but she still pulled at
her mouth.  I felt she was in pain so I called the vet.  The vet had me
give her some ferretone with water while I was on the phone with her.
Lilly was able to drink about a 1/4 of a cup with no problem, but when I
put her down she started pawing at her mouth again.  I gave her a 1/4 of
a teaspoon of benedryl and a 1/4 of a baby aspirin.  I checked on her
about every two hours.  When Lilly woke up this morning she started
pawing at her mouth again so I brought her to the vet at 7 am.  The vet
looked her over and found she had two broken teeth in the back of her
mouth.  Now Lilly is my killer ferret, 14 ounces of nothing but meanness
when it comes to my other female ferret Jill.  Jill and Lilly tied into
it Christmas morning and I guess Lilly's old teeth let her down.  Lilly
will be sedated at 8:30 this morning to remove two or three of her teeth.
Poor little angel.  Lilly had her right adrenal removed three weeks ago
and came through the surgery like a champ.  My little toothless angel
will come home this afternoon when I get off work.

Happy New Year to all,
Carol Voivedich, Oscar, Lilly, Newman, Jill, Stewart and Pacey  the cats
Menew and Phoebe
Missing Bailey Boy, Elle Mae, Jack and Duckie