Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:29:29 -0800
I'm confused. Did Sukie or someone else find an article that says
unaltered ferrets get adrenal disease?

I was reading the Exotic Vet magazine and there was an article that
said most often, neutering either after birth or after a year, it made
no difference - ferrets would often get adrenal disease. But ferrets
that were never altered, basically didn't get it.

They then went into the obvious ramifications - since we can't have
unaltered ferrets (because they become mean and antisocial sometimes),
we have to work on a cure for adrenal disease and went into different
thoughts.

While there of course can be unaltered ferrets that have issues, I was
under the impression that in them, adrenal disease is a rarity.

Laryssa