From:
Paige Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 20:55:54 -0800
My New Years Resolution is to share with my fellow ferret lovers a smile
or two.  Every week I visit the Ferret Aid Society to spend time with the
ferrets who are hanging out while they wait for their new moms and dads
to give them a place to call home.  Every once in a while I find myself
getting depressed with all the hardships and tragedies that seems to
happen in life, but my weekly trip to the shelter never fails to remind
me of the good that can be done and why we should sometimes just sit back
and appreciate the smile that comes to you when you watch the ferrets
enjoying life.  So every week I will pass along a couple of smiles,
hopefully they will become contagious..

This weeks smiles:
Andra is our notorious climber.  She loves getting into trouble by
scaling the cages when you turn your back.  In the course of 2 hours
Andra made the attempt 9 times.  Each time she made the "who me, I'm
innocent" face when I caught her and brought her down.  The smile is,
she refined the look each time I caught her and by the ninth look of
pure angelic innocence I caught myself giving her a treat and apologizing
for accusing her of doing anything wrong.

Boddington and Ginger must have lied to me when they told me they could
help clean up the mess that I made while playing with the crew at the
shelter.  Each time I had managed to collect a pile of garbage then one
of the pair would walk over to it, stand in the middle then chuckle and
instantly start wardancing sending my pile of garbage to the far corners
of the shelter.  Needless to say the broom was very busy and not much
work was done through the laughter.

The final smile is from Ken.  He is our blind and deaf sweetheart who
never lets life get in his way.  Tonight he found his way to the pile of
packing peanuts (the biodegratable stuff) and sat there with his mouth
open and his nose twitching as I started tossing loose peanuts at him.
He may not see them coming but he could smell them and managed to catch 3
of them in his mouth before wardancing over to Barbie to brag about his
victory!

Til next week, hope you enjoy the smiles.

Paige
Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org