From:
Rene Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:13:40 EST
I have five ferrets, extremely sick.  They caught my flu and are in
horrible condition.  They have been to their regular vet and given rx.  I
called my second vet, to ask him a few questions.  The reason he is my
"second" vet is because he is located far from my home.  He is an awesome
vet, none better!!!!  My ferrets were not breathing well at all and dry
heaving.  I was told on the phone that I could have an appointment with
their office the next day.  I declined the appointment until I could
actually speak with the vet.  They had all ready seen a vet for their
condition.  I expressed how important the phone call was and how I
desperately needed to speak with the vet.

I got a return call finally... the next day, after I had called the office
again!  Is it me?  Is this common practice amongst veterinarians?  Do I
have a right to be upset that I didn't receive a return call?  Am I going
crazy?

I did speak to the primary vet and he was able to help give me information
I needed to help subside the ferrets flu symptoms.  Seems the RX given
wasn't helping the ferrets too much.

The reason for my post is I want to know if this has happened to anyone
else out there in ferret land & what did you do if this did happen to you?