From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 11:44:19 EDT
Is there some kind of correlation between having ferrets and brewing
your own beer?  Or are ferret owners more likely to be more independent-
minded than all the other deprived mortals out there?
   Seriously, my cautionary note about ferrets and homebrew is about the
process of brewing.  Apart from the fact that brewing involves moving
around cauldrons of boiling stuff, it also involves keeping everything
sanitized, and there lies the problem.  I found that Amelia's fascination
with the brewing process had a lot to do with wanting to lick up spilled
sanitizing agent-- in my case bleach solution, which I know can't be good
for little critters.  So cage 'em up or feel confident that they're in
for at least a two hour nap when you're brewing or bottling.
   Oddly, Amelia doesn't care that much for beer, although she does
love a good sweet sherry.  She actually managed to get drunk once,
when somebody left a glass on a low table and nobody was in the room.
She actually staggered around then slept it off.

Regina and Amelia (how about a nice Ivory soap lunch washed down with
some fine eau de javel?)