From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:13:47 -0500
[Not off topic when it's about a subscriber!]
On Jan 20 my 16 yr old daughter Mary missed a turn in the fog and was
in a car accident, totalling the van and thankfully just getting bumps
and bruises. I rushed to the hospital with my boyfriend. While there,
the hospital wanted insurance info which had been left in the van. We
drove home (only 5 miles) to get paperwork from my files and were
rear-ended by a drunken doped up idiot and his girlfriend. They were
doing nearly 100 MPH and sent us airborne, tumbling into a tree stump
that was sticking out sideways after a tree had been cut that had
fallen across the road. It had been a huge tree. The stump went between
us (thankfully) and flipped us up over it and down an embankment. The
idiot drove off leaving us to die. It was late at night. But we were
"lucky". The accident happened directly in front of a policeman's
home. We were rushed first to the local hospital and then to a larger
hospital. My face was split open and I had a bleed on the brain. My
boyfriend had a deep cut on his hand. We also had glass imbedded in us
plus minor scrapes and bruises. No broken bones thanks to the design of
the Honda FIT we were riding in. All that was left of the car was the 2
front seats. The rest was gone. We are a miracle.

Yesterday was the first day I took care of my furkids by myself with no
help from my daughters. I have memory loss but the bleed on my brain
stopped. I have horrible headaches and have to go to the dentist next
Friday for 2 crowns and to have the pieces of my tooth removed from
inside my lip. I also need plastic surgery on my face....think
Frankenstein. BUT I am alive!

The driver hid out for days, hid the car he was driving...that had no
insurance...of course. Luckily my boyfriend's (new) car was completely
covered and all medical bills are being paid. When one of the driver's
"friends" turned him in, 3 different groups of police (local, county
and state) in several cars raced to where he was and arrested him. He
has several charges against him, all felonies. I learned later that the
police considered the case a possible manslaughter case because they
thought I was going to die.

Sorry this is so long and not about ferrets but I just wanted to let
people know why they hadn't heard from me in a while.

Nancy in OR, finally enjoying playing with furkids