From:
Charissa Ebersole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:56:06 PDT
I'm a Pediatric ICU nurse.  I see damaged kids all the time.  Too
frequently, the damage was inflicted by humans.  I've seen severe trauma
caused by dogs and horses, but never by a ferret.

A double-standards exists for ferret bites and scratches.  Consider the
outcome of a vicious, unprovoked horse bite on a young man.  The horse was
quarantined for 2 weeks.  That's all.  I can't help thinking that if it had
been a ferret, the ferret would have been put to death.

What is it that makes society react to ferrets this way?  Is it lack of
knowledge, or what?

Charissa Ebersole
Toledo, OH 43606

email:  [log in to unmask]