From:
Karen McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:53:19 -0500
>From:    Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Lawsuit Dissmissed
>
>Ok, since the McKay lawsuit has been dissmissed, how about posting the
>WHOLE story on the rescue, how it was done and what went down. I don't
>see any reason why it should stay a secret now.

I would be interested in knowing the details as well, I'm sure everyone
would. I would also be interested in any further information that might
be available about one ferret in particular. He is a 5 year old altered
and descented male (retired breeder, I assume) that I adopted via the
MSPCA. He was being called "Charles" but has since been renamed
"Luthor". From what I've been told when Luthor was taken from the farm
he and his female cagemate were placed with a group of intact hobs.
Both were viciously attacked and the female was killed. Luthor has had
a great deal of issues since coming to me, he's been fearful and very
aggressive. I am making progress with him and he is coming around but
he still has a ways to go yet. If anyone can give me more information
on Luthor and what he's been through I would greatly appreciate it, as
it may help me to better care for him.

For anyone who may have cared for Luthor prior to his coming to me,
here are some photo's of my boy which may help you to remember him....

http://www.cinnamonsprite.net/ferret/myferretfamily/luthor/luthor.jpg

<http://www.cinnamonsprite.net/ferret/myferretfamily/luthor/luthor_11-17-07/sweet_luthor2.jpg>

Also, if anyone has dealt with a ferret that has had issues stemming
from trauma, such as my Luthor has been through, I would appreciate
hearing from you as well. Any advice or tips that might help me better
care for my boy would be most welcomed.

--

Karen McCabe
http://www.cinnamonsprite.net