From:
anneinchicago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 02:24:10 -0600
Okay, let me try and distill everything everyone has said into two
questions.

First, what is being done to legally close Mr. McKay down? What steps
have been taken and what else needs to be done? How can we, the FMLerS,
help?

And, as a collorary, what is to stop someone here who lives in Ohio
from calling the Ohio Attorney general themselves? Or Fish & Wildlife?
Or whomever? All one needs to say is - I understand that and what can
be done?

Two, yes. Donating thirty-five dollars to the cause in order to buy
a ferret is- Well, buying a ferret. But the situation as I see it
doesn't have to be either/or. Buy a ferret/support McKay or call the
authorities. Why not do both? Even if one ferret is saved, even if it
has ADV or dies in two days, so? At least it is out of that living (and
dying) hell.

What is that story? The one about the boy and the starfish and the
beach? The boy may not have been able to save all the starfish, but
those that he *did* manage to toss back into the ocean did live. And
were darn grateful, I bet.

anne