Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:34:21 -0600
[Moderator's note: This is Troy Lynn's response to a series of posts
which took place before Christmas.  Troy Lynn was not online in the last
couple of weeks so she was unable to respond earlier.  I think we owe her
this opportunity to repond, though I think the issue worked itself out
already, so I see this just as further clarification.  BIG]

My post was not intended as an attack.  The up side is that the following
posts enlightened others to the network activities.

>I don't believe any of the shelters in the PFSN have as many ferrets
>total than Troy Lynn has herself.

I have fewer ferrets than I'm credited with and I don't often bring
others in.  The ferrets I bring home have special needs.  Most are older
and I'm blessed if they are with me for a year or two because of medical
conditions or old age.  We have a wonderful vet that does his best for
our little ones, just as I do.  Between us we are often able to give the
little ones better health and a loving comfortable life till their time
to leave this realm.

All ferrets have complete free roam of our home.  We live together in
peace and harmony (well most of the time anyway) as a loving family.  My
group has access to me at all times that I am home, including sleeping
time.  I spend about 5 hours a day cleaning up after them.  The rest of
my time at home is spent loving and cuddling, feeding and playing.  I do
sometimes combine tv watching with nail clipping. :-)  They do allow me
to sleep a few hours a night but not without someone wanting to sheet
shark in the middle of the night.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org