From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:19:57 -0600
Yesterday I had to take my precious Mickey to be put to sleep.  He had
inoperable adrenal tumors, Congestive heart failure and was on numerous
medications.  In the end, nothing was working except he kept hanging on.
It was breaking my heart to see him like that.  Bald, bloated from all of
the fluid retention.  Whimpering all of the time.  His trusting eyes kept
looking to me to make it better, and I couldn't.  So I did the only thing
I could do for him.  I hated having to do that.  I desperately wanted him
to die in his sleep.

He was the most gentle ferret I have ever had.  He never fought with the
others.  he gave out tons of kisses to nearly anyone but especially to me.
He always came running to me when I squeaked his squeaky toy.  He followed
me around the house.  When I cooked, he was right there in the kitchen
watching and waiting and hoping for a treat.  Which I always gave him.  He
loved raisins, and cat treats.

Oh how I long to hear from Skeeter, to know that he is at Rainbow bridge.
To know that his fur is all grown back in and that he is the strong
beautiful ferret that he used to be.  To know that he is with Smokey and
Munchkin and Kodo who all preceded him.  Skeeter, if you are out there,
could you send me word of how he is doing?

My eyes are welling up with tears, so I can hardly type, I loved him so and
I miss him so.  My heart is breaking wide open.  I'm hugging and kissing
Poncho, Razz and Boo even more today.

Hug all of yours today, extra, as you never know when you may lose one.
Julie G. and:
Poncho: now head ferret
Razz:  "When am I in charge?"
Boo: "Where is my friend and cagemate, I want to snuggle with him"