Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 06:47:12 -0500
I'm finding the information posted by Zen and Mel about colloidal silver
amusing; my sources of information about colloidal silver were not reputable
sources, Zen?  UCLA and Science Digest Magazine will be interested in
hearing that, I'm sure.  I also have study reports supporting colloidal
silver's efficacy from Johns Hopkins and Syracuse University, for that
matter.  Dr. Leonard Keene Hirschberg, A.M, M.D.  of Johns Hopkins has gone
on the record stating "Speaking generally, the colloidal metals are
especially remarkable for their beneficial action in infective states".

Also, Mel, you said that N.D.'s (Naturopathic Doctors) are not licensed
doctors.  As I explained to you before, yes they ARE.  Naturopathic Doctors
attend medical school, do residencies, and are licensed by the states where
they practice .. just like M.D.'s and D.O.'s (Doctors of Osteopathy).  You
are correct that they do not necessarily join the AMA.  D.O.'s have the AOA
(American Osteopathic Association), and N.D.'s have the ANA (American
Naturopathic Association), I believe.

Anyway, I have gotten TONS of email asking where to get colloidal silver,
so I thought I'd answer them all in one email to the list.  You can get it
by mail order, and also in some grocery stores (mine has it, for instance),
drug stores, and health food stores.  Silver Wings is one reputable brand,
and is the one which I believe Gary Holwicki used as part of his treatment
to save Timmy.  (Please correct me if I got that wrong, Gary!)

The optimal concentration recommended by health care professionals is
99.999% pure colloidal silver particles of less than 10 nanometers in
diameter in a concentration of 9.2 ppm in deionized water.  True colloidal
silver should have a concentration of three to twenty ppm (parts per
million).  Please beware of products with higher concentrations, as they
can attack friendly bacteria in your system the same way some prescription
antibiotics do and this could upset your body's natural balance.  Higher
concentrations are not necessarily better for your body; they can be worse.

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483