Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:07:21 +0000
Your help is needed immediately!!! We are working with Petco to get
them to STOP carring ferrets in their stores. We need numbers to
present them with of how many ferrets you have in shelter at this time.
We need to give them a huge idea of the impact they as a retailer are
having on the shelters. We want them to have the mindset that ferrets
are the 3rd largest companion pet population in the USA! The reason
they don't sell puppies and kittens but work with local rescues is
there are so many of them available in rescue! So here is a chance for
you to help make a difference. Send me your current shelter numbers up
for adoption and numbers of permanent residents that for some reason
are not adoptable. How much did you spend in medical care for the
ferrets? Did Petco give you any financial assistance for their care?

Thanks for taking the time to get this information back to me. I will
need this information no later than February 23rd. Chris Mathis,
Director, Oregon Ferret Shelter