From:
Pam Sessoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:57:47 -0400
I am interested in finding out if anyone is aware of any places (states,
counties, etc) that require permits as a way to help educate new ferret
owners.

I'm not looking for places where permits are required for the protection of
*the public* but rather for the protection of the ferrets.  I can easily
find lots of places that require ferret licenses, for example, to ensure
rabies vaccination, to dictate whether the ferret can be taken into public,
etc... What I'm looking for are places that use the permit/license as a way
to pass along information on proper husbandry, maybe even vet referrals,
etc...

If you know of such a place, I really would appreciate hearing from you!
If you can give me a relevant website or phone number, that's great, but
even just a metion of a locality where this is done would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance!

-Pam S.