From:
Cynthia Maltby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:48:00 -0500
Need advice: I have 2 ferrets both are approx.  2 1/2 years old and I
believe in excellent health.  Both are always together but the little boy
sometimes experiences difficulty breathing.  He kinda gulps for air then
pants 3 times.  Last weekend it happened all night so the poor baby was
exhausted by morning.  I sat up with him.  I tried giving him water, treats
and ferritone.  He took the treats and ferritone but nothing seemed to help.
Nothing new around.  And nothing he could get into.  His sister never acts
this way.  I questioned the vet last time but she couldn't tell what was
affecting him cause he wasn't doing it then.  Thought maybe he is allergic
to something but this happens at home and away from home.

Is this a sign of something more serious than allergies?  It happens maybe
once a month if that.  Should I be concerned?