From:
Gail Shochet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 10:16:11 -0400
Hi everyone,

I posted some time ago about a 2-year old female who had been found in the
Severna Park area.  I had taken this little girl in and I'm glad I did as
she needed an emergency splenectomy.  This was about 2 months ago.  She is
in fine fettle now and up to date on her shots, but I'm finding that 5
ferrets are just too much for me, especially since I have a 7.5 year old
who requires a lot of attention.  Additionally, my 'alpha' female has the
new girl (who we named 'Scully') completely terrorized.  She is a Marshall
farms sable, good sized, beautiful coat, good temperament.  When she is out
by herself she dooks and wardances and chases us humans around, which makes
me think that she was an 'only' ferret at one time.  When all the ferrets
are out she hides.  It's been a couple of months so I'm not sure that the
pecking order is going to change anytime soon.

I would like her to go to a ferret knowledgeable household with only one or
at most two other ferrets, and humans with lots of time for interaction.
I think she would make an ideal second ferret.  If someone in the
Baltimore/Washington/Northern Virginia area fits this bill, you can contact
me at [log in to unmask]  There is no charge.  I would prefer to meet
prospective owners/sibling ferrets if possible; this little girl is my
responsibility now and I want her to have the best possible life.

Regards,

Gail Shochet

P.S. We had ECE three years ago and while I do not think that she has been
exposed, I cannot guarantee it.  All of my ferrets are currently in
excellent health.