From:
Weasel_Wardancer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:19:01 -0700
I need advice and the FML is the best place I know to get it.

Okay, in the last two days I have received 2 rescues.  One is a chocolate
female kit, about six or seven months old.  She's a nipper, not bad, more
playful then aggressive, but the 2 old men who got her as a plaything for
their dog just didn't like her biting them.  Nana, her new name, better
then what the old men were calling her, is no problem.  I've had nippers
before and know how to get them to stop their naughty ways...with a lot
of love, understanding, a loud "NO!" and 5 minutes in the time out cage
if she draws blood.

The advice I need is for my new little boy.  A sweet badger-colored with
dark silver guard hairs named "Pepper." I got Pepper from a woman who got
him from another friend, so I'm not quite sure how old Pepper is.  The
woman I did get Pepper from also has a 2 year old son.  Yep, you guest
it, the child was allowed to play with Pepper unsupervised.  The woman
told me her son claimed that Pepper bit him and she would not keep such
a vicious animal anymore.  Thought, so far, Pepper does not seem to be
even a nipper, let alone vicious.  Instead, Pepper is a very loving, very
sweet and good ferret.  Still he does have one flaw, on his back there
are quite a few mats of fur.  These mats of fur is caused by either
bubblegum or chewing gum, it smells more like bubblegum.  Also, the fur
on this poor little fuzzy butt is so matted it is down to the skin, this
makes it very difficult to cut the gum out.

Please, do any of you know how to take gum out of a ferret's fur without
hurting?  I would just cut it out, but as I said, the gum is almost to
the skin.  I also know that it is very uncomfortable for Pepper, because
when you try to pet his back he flinches.  Please, can someone help?

Weasel_Wardancer
And the AZ Hidey-Hole gang
Nanners, Lokki, Valhalla, Mickey II, Bandit, the girls, Miranda and
Fayette
and the two new kids on the block, Pepper and Nana.
Dearly Departed, Benny 'Da Weasel' Gambini, Rodney, Bupkes, Skittles,
Mickey, Fizzgig, Pywacket and Chaos.