From:
Tony torAMOSlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:01:33 +0000
Michelle Hawkins, VDM, DBAVP of the University Of California, Medicine &
Epidmiology Department is searching for samples from ferrets that Do Not
have these diseases and Do Not have any familial evidence of these two
duseases to see whether they can identify any genetic factors that may be
associated with adrenale or pancreatic disease.

They have requested samples from breeders that have good family histories
of their ferrets and with ferrets over 3 years old, are clinically normal
[have never showen any signs of pancreatic or adrenal disease], and have
knowen family history including at least the medical history of the
parents, but the grandparents as well if possible

The samples are simple cheek swabs to collect and evaluate DNA.  Along
with this, they need information on whether there has been any history
of either of these diseases in the ferrets lineage as well as medical
history of otherproblems that the ferret being sampled may have had in
the past.

--
Please contact me I can be of any help, I am not a vet and in the past 32
years none of my animals have visited my vet for anything other than