From:
"Gustafson, Barb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:57:09 -0700
In the Oct 2001 issue of Outside Magazine is an excerpt from author Peter
Stark's new book entitled "Last Breath: Cautionary Tales from the Limits
of Human Endurance".

A portion of this excerpt talks about predatory animals and in one
paragraph is states and I quote "that the ferocious grizzly bear ranks
about the same a mustelids (weasels, badgers, skunks and the like) ,
which kill an average of four humans a year, primarily pet ferrets
attacking unattended babies".

Now is it just me or does this seem just a tad overblown!  Has anyone ever
seen documentation that proves that ferrets kill an average of four humans
a year???

Outside magazine: www.outsidemag.com

Barbara Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society