From:
Sheri Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 13:00:39 -0500
Hi Katherine ... (and fml)

I had to write to say I'll keep Kelsey in my prayers.

And to ask a couple of questions: I won't ask how you ended up with 9
ferrets, though, because I had two last Sunday and as of today I have 5, 4
males, and one itty, bitty female.  I'm shocked at myself.

My DEW Pepper is 4 lbs and fat, fat, fat.  He's also lazy and cuddly, and
sweet, and I call him my little polar bear!  Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

One of the newbies, Uno, is also a DEW male, and fat, fat, fat, lazy and
cuddly.  He and Pepper have almost identical personalities.  What is
Kelsey's personality like?

I'm wondering if male DEW's are just this way--chubby and sweet.  I've never
seen a ferret as big and fat as Pepper, until Uno, and it sounds like Kelsey
is just like they are!  In fact, these two are the only male DEW's I've ever
seen.  If Uno was whiter (he's yellow right now, I think from poor quality
food) and if he didn't have some black spots down his back, I could hardly
tell him from Pepper.  They're the same size, weight, and temperament.  Oh,
Pepper's tail has a black "ring" around it, near the base, and Uno's tail is
almost completely black, from base to tip.  But their faces are identical,
too--Uno's face is as white as Pepper's, it's just his body fur that's
yellow--in a pile, if I can only see faces, I can only tell them apart by
whisker length.

So, anyone out there with male DEW's ... want to write and tell me about
them and we'll compare notes?

Kath--does Kelsey have any tattoos?  Both Pepper and Uno are completely
unmarked.

--Sheri

"Until our paths find us together
        may you forever
            go in peace."

--Mike Rayburn (comic entertainer and folk artist)