From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:38:43 -0800
This week Sara Hamilton posted about a rescue that took place in
Washington State which involves both the Ferret Haven of Spokane and
the Ferret Rescue of North Idaho, along with assistance from the
Inland Northwest Ferret Association. Below are those posts.

I wrote to Paula, shelter director for Ferret Haven of Spokane,
offering to cross post additional information and asking if she might
be able to provide us with specific stores where we could purchase gift
cards for foods, supplies or if she had a pay pal account where our
ferret community members could send monetary assistance. Having worked
the Ohio rescue I can say first hand I know how tired these folk are or
will be with the additional work and worries. I hope Paula's response
helps people find an economical way to help the shelters and the
ferrets in need. I know sending a package from NY to Washington State
is silly when I could add the twenty plus dollars for the postage to
their vet bill.

If sending bedding please be sure to send clean gently used bedding,
these folks will have enough work to do without having to do additional
washing or trying to fix pieces up. Here is Paula's reply.

Good luck Paula and gang. Thank you ferret friends for your help!

 ---

Hi!

Thanks for the offer of the help. I took some of the DMK kids myself!
Still have a few of the nippy ones in the shelter.

I do have a Personal pay pal account under my email of
You can also mail gift cards to 2411 W Rowan Avenue, Spokane WA 99205.

Walmart, PetsMart, Home Depot, Ace hardware or just good ol' Visa gift
cards. Mostly we need food, wood stove pellets, distemper vaccine and
cash to the vet. My vet is VCA Peone Pines at 509-466-7115, Toni's (the
other rescue involved) vet is Prairie Animal Hospital at 208-772-3214.

Thanks again, time to go clean cages!

Paula Woodland
Wannabe Wild Weasels
Ferret Haven of Spokane

Earlier FML posts.
[One deleted since it's essentially appears elsewhere in this FML]

>Date:    Tue, 9 Nov 2010 23:00:34 -0800
>From:    Sara Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Rescue in WA.
>
>Yesterday the Inland Northwest Ferret Association (INWFA), Ferret Haven
>of Spokane, and Ferret Rescue of North Idaho took in 47 ferrets from a
>hoarder. Of the surviving ferrets, 21 are at Ferret Haven of Spokane,
>8 went to Ferret Rescue of North Idaho. Both shelters are maxed out on
>ferrets. If you can spare a little both shelters could use help with
>vet bills or with any supplies.
>
>Donations of any sort can be sent to:
>
>Ferret Haven of Spokane
>2411 West Rowan Avenue
>Spokane, WA 99205-5734
>
>Paula, the gal who runs that shelter, can also be reached via email:
>
>Any donations sent to the above address would be divided between the
>two shelters. I know they can really use help with vet bills, but any
>donations would help.
>
>--
>Sara Hamilton
>Leizel's Weasels