From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:33:03 -0800
First, did anyone watch Jessie last night?  she made a reference to
ferrets.  Diego had grown a mustache and she said that it looked like he
ate a ferret and didn't finish...guess you had to be there.

I ordered a liquid supplement through Jeffers, for Humphrey.  I HIGHLY
recommend it to anyone nursing sick or thin ferrets.  It was recommended
to our WFA director, Liane, who in turn told me about it.  A teaspoon once
a day can almost sustain a ferret.  It is called Dyne or Omega 3 plus, and
it has helped immensely to put weight back on hump in a weeks time.It is
a "High calorie liquid diet and dietary supplement" It provides maximum
nutritional requirements with minimum strain on the organs of digestion in
a highly palatable liquid diet form.

Dyne may be fed as is to animals unable to eat solid food or mixed with
water can be used to combat dehydration and maintain electrolyte balance.
it is as follows

fat, 50%
carbs 20%
protein 3%
Vit. A 500 I.U
vit. D 40 I.U
Vit E 3 I.U
thiamin 0.15 mg
riboflavin 0.17mg
pyridoxine 0.2 mg
ascorbic acid 6.0 mg
Nicotinamide 2.0 mg
pantothenic acid 1.0 mg
folic acid 0.04 mg
milk ash 0.04 %
(electrolyte source) Sodium benzoate 0.1%

I myself tasted a bit , it is a sweetish , not to be confused with a
Swede...tasting mixture.  A 16 oz bottle is $7.55, plus shipping it came
to 11.50.

Humphrey is war dancing more than ever, though his poops are brown they are
very VERY soft with no discernable shape, I am assuming it is from the Dyne
because it is so rich.

SO...I moved, from my beautiful townhome into a 3 bedroom apartment, since
Louis and I got engaged, his wonderful daughter came to live with us, and
we needed a third bedroom.  LONG STORY SHORT, I lived in my rented townhome
for 3 years, last year I finally got a new carpet, I am very neurotic
about keeping my carpet clean, ESPECIALLY the new one, I had Orientals and
braided carpets everywhere..moved out, maintenance comes in to inspect and
pulls up the rug and discovers pet damage in some of the corners in all of
the rooms but one.  See, on the surface the carpet looks great, poop stains
come up wonderfully, but urine goes right to the pad..$1,000 in damage.
Though I cant bring myself to do it, this is a PERFECT argument for
creating one room for the ferrets.

Thanks again to all who responded to my quest for the FERRET SIGN, the
Ferret store did not carry that particular sign, BUT Ferretware.com did.

June Louis and the zoo
missing my Phoebers