From:
Deborah Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:27:22 -0500
Carol,
I was given 2 ferrets, an albino and silver mit who had the orange/pink
tinge on their tail, I don't remember their noses, since I was very new to
ferrets then, luckily I worked for a ferret expert vet, and I brought them
to work to get help bathing them (bad biters!) anyway the vet noticed the
orangish tail, and said they both had some sort of yeast infection.  I'd
have never known anything was wrong.  He also showed me that between their
toes was also very orange.  He gave me a bottle of prescription shampoo,
very high in bezoyal peroxide (sp?), told me to lather them up with it once
a week for two weeks, and leave them playing in the bathtub while lathered
for ten minutes, then rinse.  I couldn't believe the difference it made in
their coat, and attitude!  anyway, you might ask your vet if this could be
a possibility.  I wish i had more details, but my memory fails me....and
it's been many years and miles ago!  The shampoo is "Sulf OxyDen shampoo,
with Nmf," by DVM pharaceuticals, Inc.

hope you find the answer!!!  God Bless!