From:
Emilie Kaydos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 09:52:50 -0500
    Hi everybody!  I just joined the mailing list a week ago and have
learned much more from all of you than anywhere else.  I worked long and
hard this summer so I could buy a ferret of my own.  My parents weren't
crazy about the idea to say the least but I got Gonzo despite them.  I'm
pretty sure he's a sable but I can't quite tell.  His fur changed a few
weeks ago and he now has a golden stripe down his back.  I live in North
Carolina where no one has ferrets so I don't really have anyone to ask
except you guys.  Anyway, Gonzo is six months old now and I was wondering if
I should change his food.  I buy ferret food (I don't know the brand off the
top of my head) and he seems to really enjoy it.  The day I bought him the
pet store guy said that cat food would take away 50% of his life span.
Since I've never owned a ferret before I'm not sure this is true.  If
someone could suggest some brands I would be very greatful.

                        Thanks,
                           Emilie, Gonzo, & the rest of the gang