From:
Melissa H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 05:45:07 GMT
Is it possible for kittens to decide that they d rather be ferrets?

I have a 5 month old kitten, a long haired black boy named Koosh.  He s
been home with me for a month, having lived in a pet store for 2 months,
first with his littermates, then alone.  I brought him home because I m a
sucker for a purry, snuggly kitten and that s what he is.  But I digress.

Koosh is growing up with 10 ferrets, and while I know that kittens are
usually playful, he seems a bit different than my other cats were when they
were young.

First thing is .Koosh wardances Full out bounces, open mouth, head swinging
wardances!  I m not hallucinating, as my husband thought I was, but he s
seen it too.

Koosh wrestles with the ferrets, plays with their toys, eats their food (A
lot of it is Iams, Eukanuba and Science Diet kitten foods, so I don t worry
too much.) I ve seen him in the litterbox, backing into the corner.  He d
sleep in the cage if I let him, since he ll go in when I open the doors.

Has anyone else seen this phenomenon?
Please let me know!

Thanks!

Melissa