From:
Monica Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 06:21:24 -0800
everyone to refuse to buy MF ferrets.  I realize that this may mean quite
a few little fuzzies at the pet stores may not get homes as quickly and
that is very unfortunate, but I believe it is necessary.  I have seen the
results of refusing to buy farm bred animals and I believe that the
results are well worth it.  None of the pet stores in my area carry farm
bred animals anymore!  They all have the local Humane Society or other
shelters bring animals in to their stores for adoption instead.  In the
meantime you can help the MF fuzzies by contacting your local ferret
shelter and adopting one.  There are plenty that need forever homes.  I
personally have only ever owned MF ferrets and all of them have been
rescues.  Please consider this issue vary seriously.  If you go into a
pet store and see a MF ferret that tugs at your heart strings, go
immediately to the manager and voice your opinion that they should not
carry ferrets purchased from MF and tell them that you will take your
business elsewhere until they change their practices and ask everyone you
know to do the same.  Resist the urge to bring that baby home and instead
go home and call a shelter.  I guarantee you can find a MF ferret to adopt
in just one or two calls.  You will be providing more of a service to all
of the little MF ferrets this way.