From:
Deb's Ferret Rescue & Boarding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:53:11 -0500
Dear Ferret Rescue's from the Ferret Giving Tree & Santa's,

It seems quite a few rescues have been given the heave hoe from the
Ferret Giving Tree gifts they were promised by people who took their
ferrets off of the Ferret Giving Tree and never received the gifts for
the ferret's that those people had chosen. Well I had one person pick
16 of my 20 ferrets on the Ferret Giving Tree and I received one email
from that person responding to my, Thank you...

(This has been edited to remove the emails and information of the
person who sent this to us, asking to be the Santa of 16 ferrets.
Only the basic story has been given to protect their identity...)

Hi Debbie,

Actually 16 ferrets is not that many to us. We have 16 of our own. Some
we took in from friends who couldn't take care of them anymore because
they were moving away but many are rescues. I thought that because
there were so many going to the same shelter, that we'd just get a
little something for all of them so no one was left out. Ferrets seem
to suffer so much anymore they all deserve something nice, and we
thought that we'd send you and your little ones a gift card so that you
could get what you needed along with some toys and blankets. I know how
tough it can be with so many ferrets. A friend of ours has a shelter
here and we go over to help her out at least once a week and spend
time with the ferrets too. I'm not sure how many she is up to, but I
know it's well past 30. Anyway, that's why we chose so many. Hope your
ferrets have a great Christmas!

(From Secret Santa who failed to send gifts to the 16 ferret on the
Ferret Giving Tree)
Savannah Jean, Valeria Antoinette, Bailey Joanne, Cato, Jason Lee,
Tabitha, Peter, Parker, Jasmine, Lily Lavern, Texas, Benjamin Franklyn,
Richard Darrin, Becky Jean, Margaret Lavern & Michelle Luann.

Well...? I have emailed this person a few times (Nicely) asking if
this person was having a problem and needed to put the ferrets back
on the tree. I have had NO responses to any of my emails to this person.

I have suggested to the Ferret Giving Tree to limit only up to 2
ferrets per person, per rescue next year so this problem does not occur
again in such a great number. We hope this is approved.  So please...
help the rescues, tell the Ferret Giving Tree which of your ferrets
did not get the gifts they were promised. Do not be afraid to let them
know. Make sure you give them the information on who took your ferret
off of the Ferret Giving Tree and did not send your ferret a gift so
they may be removed from the giving list and not allowed to be Santa's
again.

Sincerely,

Mark & Debbie Fitzgerald
Deb's Ferret Rescue & Boarding