From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 01:07:38 -0700
I didn't get even an inkling of a response the first time I posted this, so
I am posting it again, hoping someone will be able to offer advice so my
friend can help her ferret.

A friend of mine has a very old ferret (approx 8 years or more) that
appears to have an odd problem.  He is blind in one eye and has a tumour or
cyst that reappears periodically on the sheath of his penis.  He is also
fairly overweight.  Recently he has had problems with his stomach getting
very distended, bloated if you will, and making it difficult for him to be
mobile.  Then it dissapears by the next day.  Can anyone tell me what this
might be?  She has only had him for a little while and his history isn't
very well known.  Is there something she can do to help him out or stop
this?  He seems fairly active and playful most of the time.
Thanks for the advice,

Sheena
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >