From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 13:55:54 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922
&messageid=4763&startid=4765

>Today Kit had surgery and no enlarged Adrenal Glands could be found.  I
>was very surprised and feel terrible that I put him through the surgery
>now.

I have seen some very small adrenal lesions.  With symptoms and a
positive Tennessee panel, I suspect that that is the case with Kit.  You
may wish to use medication (Lupron, probably) for a while to control the
symptoms and then repeat surgery after the mass has had a chance to get
bigger.

And by no means should you feel guilty for opting for surgery - surgery
is always the way to go in any ferret that can tolerate it, and every
clue you had said it was needed.  It almost certainly is, it just was
hard to identify the lesion at this time.

Dr. Ruth
Find it. Fix it. And fly again.