From:
Aimee Tode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 15:28:25 EST
Hello everyone,

I'm furious.  I went to the pet store today (where I bought two of my four)
and a I was playing with the two ferrets there.  They have one girl, which
I've been eyeing for some time now, and one boy.  While I was playing with
them, an older couple came by and were happy to see them.  At this time THE
MANAGER came over and started throwing corncob in their faces!!  She then
started throwing and flipping them across the cage HARD!!!!  The older lady
said "Oh no that's too mean in a nice tone" AT this time, another lady and
her son (3-4years old) were there.  The manger kept doing it.  This little
boy thought it was funny.  What a great age to learn animal abuse!!!
aaarrrrgggggg!!!!!  The girl ferret almost hit her head on this metal bar in
the middle of the cage because of this manager.  Anyway, I went to talk(more
like scream) to another store personnel and there was nothing he could do.
So I went to talk to the lady with the kid, she couldn't understand me
because she was deaf and the older couple was gone.  So I proceeded out the
door and told the MANAGER, I did not appreciate how she was treating the
animals and I would not let it continue.  SHE SMILED AT ME WITH THIS EVIL
SMIRK!!!!  aaaaarrrrrrgggggg.  I said no wonder they are biting now and
walked out.

I called another Petstore (I'm leaving the name out for now to give them a
chance a reprimand this abusive Manager) , apparently she was transferred
from this store.  I'm assuming they were problems at the other store by the
tone of voice from the manager there.  Well, I was able to get the District
managers number whose in charge of all the area's managers.  My husband left
the message ( I was too upset).

We are tempted to go buy them because it's not fair to be treated that way
and left in that enviroment.  Even if it was till we found a home for them.
aaarrrrggggg I'm so upset..... Please pray for these little innocent babies.
I'll keep in touch.... If I don't hear anything, I may ask for your support
to call this district manager.

What really stinks about this is I saw this lady being mean before(not like
today)  but I brushed it off......

Thanks for listening or I should say reading.

Aimee & Mike
Pugsly, Sunshine, Ricky & Smokey